Thursday, April 2, 2015

HIM Training Week 7 & 8

Work finally slowed down later on in the week and I was able to feel somewhat normal again. I really just hope it sticks around. I am looking forward to having Thursday and Friday off this week and it's TRI 101 presentation week. It is going to be a fun filled week and not a lot of work. Just what the doctor ordered.

Monday: REST - worked 13 hours and just no way anything else was going to happen
Tuesday: Run - 3 mi, Swim 1600m
Wednesday - REST - another long day and just felt off
Thursday: Cycle - 21 mi
Friday: Cycle - 20 mi, Swim - 2200m (furthest yet)
Saturday: Run - 12 mi , Swim - 1800m (my fastest mile ever at 34:40!)
Sunday: Cycle - 45 mi

Check out those sculpted shoulders!

Favorite workout: This is a tie between Friday's workouts, I got my bike ride in on the trainer during lunch hour and jammed out to some music while I had my lunch cooking in the oven. This was just what I needed after an emotionally draining week.

After getting done with work a bit earlier than usual I went to the gym to get my long swim done instead of waiting until Saturday. I got a new suit this week and a new silicone swim cap meant for long hair, this went great after I fixed my leaky goggle. I tweaked something in my stroke with my arm entry into the water and I actually felt fast in the pool on a long swim. My 400m split times were dropping as I went along which usually does not happen. I am really starting to warm up to these long swims and I am really enjoying them. Longest set in the pool yet, getting close to the hour mark!




Week 8: Recovery Week 

Monday: REST
Tuesday: Run - 6 mi, Swim 1600m
Wednesday - Cycle - 15 mi during lunch
Thursday: Swim 1800m
Friday: Cycle - 25 mi, Run 2 mi, Swim - 1200m
Saturday: Run - 9.3 mi (a fast long run for me!)
Sunday: Cycle - 30 mi

Favorite workout of the week: My long run on Saturday was nice, I ran at a faster pace than I have been with Sarah and Matt. We all actually had good runs, seriously people this is ground breaking news. Sarah and I are always opposite so this has NEVER happened before. It was nice getting under 10:00 for a longer run!

I really was hoping my work would slow down and it did during my recovery week which helped out as we had TRI101 and TRI102 this week. TRI101 was on Wed. night and I totally winged my presentation for "What is a triathlon" but people said it was good, sooo hey! I had off during the day on Thursday and Friday so I was able to get my workouts done during the daytime. Thursday night I got to watch my littlest niece and my nephew after his surgery so my sister and family could go to their oldest child's concert. Saturday was the bridal shower for a good friend of mine and I can't wait for her wedding in a month at Lambeau Field on the roof!

And of course, there is March Madness going on right now and I of course am rooting for my Alma Mater, UW-Madison! And who picked a perfect bracket for the section they are in? This girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your training is going great!
    A wedding on the roof of Lambeau field?! I didn't know you could do that. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!